As the latest Android operating system version Oreo is now available for Google Pixel XL, this is the right time to look for how root covers. And there is nothing too much to be excited about getting some hurdles here as Root Pixel XL on Android 8.1 or 8.0 does not come following the usual root methods. So knowing that makes you tired, here we put the complete step guide together which included of flashing Chainfire‘s SuHide in combination with SuperSU and AROMA SuperSU for the complete system-less root. Then get everything clear with us.
Google’s recent launch of Android Oreo packs so much of interesting upgrades to the user. So having it on on the Pixel XL will let you enjoy features like lock screen shortcuts, mode of the picture in picture, smart text feature and etc. Then why you still wait when you see the opportunity clear to grow up the functionality with root on Android Oreo? This is the systemless root on Pixel XL.
Since systemless SBIN is set to default in Android Oreo 8.1 and 8.0, SuperSu Config isn’t required here as for the latest updates. And as this has successfully worked on several devices including mine, this is confirmed working flawlessly. But take extra care as this is something different from the typical rooting concept for previous Android versions. So follow the steps as given below. Proceed at your own responsibility.
Please download below files before you proceed.
- Download modded TWRP
- Download SuHide
- Download SuperSU
- Download SuperSu Config (not required as to the recent confirmations)
How to Root Pixel XL- Step Guide
- Step 1: Copy modded TWRP files to the PlatformTools. Rename it as twrp-oreo.
- Step 2: Now you need to transfer the downloaded files(SuHide, SuperSu and SuperSuConfig) into the device’s internal storage
- Step 3: Using a proper USB cable connects the device to the Windows PC.
- Step 4: Boot your Android Device in to bootloader.(Use command : adb reboot bootloader )
- Step 5: Let TWRP recovery get installed successfully and now the device is ready to boot into TWRP. For that, (Use command: fastboot boot twrp-oreo.img)
- Step 6: From the major menu, select “Install” and then move to the flash SuperSUConfig file as the next step.
- Step 7: Again get with the install option from the interface and flash the SuperSU file by now
- Step 8: Select the option for Systemless SBIN through the installer feature for SuperSuConfig. Then leave the options as default before moving further.
- Step 9: Now you need booting the phone to the system (Do not begin installing TWRP, just let it to boot the system) and reboot once again to the TWRP as above.
- Step 10: As the final step, Install the SuperSU hide from theTWRP to flash the file. After that, boot once again in order to get a successful systemless root on Pixel XL
These are basically what you need following to get Systemless root on Pixel XL. If there is any point you need the further hand, feel free to reach us for any details.
Verify the Root Status,
By now your device must have completely rooted. To get that confirmed, it will be helpful to download the app Root Checker from the store from which you can confirm the root status easily.
You are successful with Root Pixel XL, so how do you plan to get fun with different Android mods and etc? Keep in touch with http://www.oreo-root.com for more updates.